As a trained journalist and former BBC reporter and newsreader, I combine my journalistic skills and vast wedding industry knowledge to write and talk about weddings on a wider media platform.
Some of the topics I can talk/write extensively about are;
- Being a mindful bride (starting the wedding planning journey with the right mindset)
- Why wedding weight-loss is unnecessary and unhealthy
- Why we need to stop releasing balloons/Chinese lanterns at weddings
- Why butterfly releases cause more harm than good
- Why couples need to have a selfish mindset when planning their weddings
- How to get married as a feminist
- Why weddings are full of patriarchal, misogynistic undertones and what can be done to change this
- Why heterosexual couples have a lot to learn from gay couples when it comes to getting married
- Why too much emphasis is put on getting married and not enough on being married
As well as writing for my own blog, for the last four years I have also been a contributor and writer for Spain and Gibraltar’s leading wedding resource – Confeti Magazine. Please see a selection of my work below. Just click on the image to see the full article.
I’ve also been published on the highly acclaimed and respected, award-winning Love My Dress wedding blog for a feature that I wrote on the sexist nature of weddings.
And on the awesome Bridal Musings, with a post about 5 top tips for personalising your wedding ceremony
And on the fabulous Nu Bride sharing more of my expert tips and wisdoms
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for media enquiries.